It is winter.
I noticed the mushroom (toadstool?) at the base of the raspberry plants and decided to photograph it, just because it looked beautiful. Then I noticed the raspberries. I ate them. They didn’t disappoint, simply because the raspberries on this plant were seldom nice all summer (they were better the previous summer). I won’t be eating the mushroom/toadstool. It looks poisonous, and such is my level of ignorance that I would never dare eat a mushroom I hadn’t bought from the supermarket or my favourite greengrocer.
However, it is good to try to grow food, if only to gain an appreciation of how difficult it can be, and how vulnerable plants are to pests. I better appreciate the work of farmers for my attempts, both my failures and my successes.